Non Violent Communication: The Skill of Clear & Direct Communication
Avoid conflict and supporting healthy relationships
The aim of this programme is to help you to learn about Non-Violent Communication and to explore the skill of Clear & Direct Communication which aims to avoid conflict and support healthy relationships.
The focus will be on compassionate, soothing and practical ways to help ourselves and our loved ones.
Module 1: Welcome!
- How the course works
Module 2: Communication Styles
- Understand what assertive communication is.
- Understand the Non-Violent Communication process.
Module 3: Emotions & Needs
- Understand the relationship between your needs, your emotions and your behaviours.
- Understand the importance of addressing your needs.
Module 4: Practising Clear and Direct Communication
- Understand active listening and compromise.
- Benefits of Clear & Direct Communication
- Learn practical ways on how to use assertive communication.
Module 5: Review and Reflection
- Recap the key points from the course.
- Acknowledge that the journey continues.
- learn ways to resolve conflict in your family by understanding how feelings and needs can create conflict;
- identify and practice clear and direct communication in relation to common family dilemmas using a non-violent communication framework – observe, feelings, needs and request;
- connect emotions to ways of behaving;
- choose a series of family situations in which you can practice the skills you have learned and participate in sessions on each of those situations.
Introduction to the course
|Unit 1||Unit 1: Getting Started|
|Unit 2||Unit 2 – Your Learning Tools|
|Unit 3||Unit 3 – What I Want to Give/ Get|
|Unit 4||Unit 4 – What is Journaling|
|Unit 5||Unit 5 - Self-Reflective Practice|
|Module 2||Communication Styles|
Introduce Assertive communication and the Non- Violent Communication process.
|Unit 1||Unit 1: What is Good Communication|
|Unit 2||Unit 2: The Four Communication Styles|
|Unit 3||Unit 3: The Four Steps of NVC and Background|
|Unit 4||Unit 4: Homework|
|Module 3||Emotions and Needs|
How our needs are related to our emotions and behaviours
|Unit 1||Unit 1: Need = Emotion= Behaviour|
|Unit 2||Unit 2: Exploring our Met and Unmet Needs: How we Chose to Behave|
|Unit 3||Unit 3: Making Better Choices: Self-Care|
|Unit 4||Unit 4: The importance of Self-Care|
|Module 4||Practicing Clear and Direct Communication|
Introduce the importance of Clear & Direct Communication and Active Listening & Compromise
|Unit 1||Unit 1: A Better Way to Resolve Conflict : Say What you Need to Say|
|Unit 2||Unit 2: Compromise and Negotiate|
|Unit 3||Unit 3: How Would this Benefit you, Your Children, the Other Parent|
|Unit 4||Unit 4: Practice Scenarios|
|Module 5||Review and Reflection|
This module reminds participants of the topics covered in the course.
|Unit 1||Unit 1: Introduction|
|Unit 2||Unit 2: So Far What Have I Learnt|
|Unit 3||Unit 3: Techniques for Life|
|Unit 4||Unit 4: And the Journey Continues|